Author Topic: How to Remove %%Powered_By%% in Footer?  (Read 1907 times)

Offline mountequinox

• View Profile
How to Remove %%Powered_By%% in Footer?
« on: November 12, 2013, 11:22:18 PM »
Now that http://www.jmbsoft.com/ redirects to https://github.com/jmbsoft/TubeX how does one convert their free version to a paid version to remove the %%Powered_By%% in the Global Footer? I noticed some edits at github that remove the %%Powered_By%% but I didn't want to try making those changes on my end without first asking if anyone knows if this will work or if it's even possible to remove this from the footers seeing as jmbsoft is no longer in business?

Thanks,
Kevin.

Offline Chad

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: How to Remove %%Powered_By%% in Footer?
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2013, 11:26:56 PM »
You'll need to update your install with the files from GitHub as those have the registration/linkback stuff removed.  Keep a copy of your current files and make sure that you don't overwrite your config file.  As long as you haven't made any custom edits to the scripts you should be fine.

Offline mountequinox

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2013, 11:49:12 PM »
Do I need to replace all the files? At git hub I see two files that mention an update global.php and global-footer.tpl. Can I just update those two to remove the linkback?

Thanks,
Kevin.

Offline Chad

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2013, 12:44:42 AM »
Not all but a couple more that what you see modified.  Those are all the files that Jeremy posted after he removed the license and powered by stuff.  I'll have to dig up my old copy and compare the files.

Offline Chad

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2013, 12:56:10 AM »
classes/Template.php is the one that you need to update for sure.  That file had all the license code in it.  I don't think he made any other changes other than adding the new Apache license statement to a few files.

Offline mountequinox

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2013, 01:15:26 AM »
To make sure I'm understanding you correctly if I replace my classes/Template.php with the one on github I can then remove the %%Powered_By%% in global-footer.tpl?

I understand you can't guarantee anything just want to make sure I'm following your logic :)

Wost case scenario if I replace the classes/Template.php will it break anything that you're aware of if I try and remove the %%Powered_By%% from the global-footer.tpl? Meaning if it doesn't work can I just replace it with the original and everything continues on as is :)

On a side note does this also eliminate the requirement that the script must be run on the domain for which it was registered? In the past the script only worked on one domain.

Thanks,
Kevin.

Offline Chad

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2013, 01:57:48 AM »
It should work fine if you replace Template.php and remove the template code.  If something breaks just replace your saved originals and you are good to go but I don't think you will need to.

Now that Jeremy has open sourced his programs you are free to use them on as many websites that you wish...

Offline mountequinox

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2013, 03:16:06 PM »
Worked perfectly. Thanks so much..

Kevin.

Unofficial JMB Support Forums

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2013, 03:16:06 PM »

Tags: