Author Topic: Help with templates and new galleries plz  (Read 2291 times)

Offline creatives

• View Profile
Help with templates and new galleries plz
« on: June 21, 2013, 06:34:15 AM »
Hi there,  I have managed to display my thumbs with desc, date and category.  Now I am wanting to make columns down either side displaying

a) Links - reciprocal links show as site name linking to their reciprocal links, ordered in most traffic sent to my site.
b) Models - individual model site but using affiliate links for individual model sites
c) Top paysites - affiliate sites to paysites (not reciprocal links, jut affiliate links)

I notice a lot of tgp sites doing this, but I can't see anywhere in the documentation on how to display this type of data.

I am also trying to find out how to paginate a category page.  For example if I display 50 thumbs per page, do I have to manually make page2.html, page 3.html et, then manually link to them?  Seems a long way round to do it.

I am also a bit confused about when I add new galleries, or schedule them.  when they are authorised, they dont automatically show up on my pages and category pages.  Do I have to manually build each page everytime I add a new gallery?  this also seems a long manual process to have to do, especially if I am adding them each day.  Maybe I am missing something, but what I want is galleries to show automatically on my pages and  not have to build them all each time.

Any advice guys?

Many thanks!

Offline creatives

• View Profile
Re: Help with templates and new galleries plz
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2013, 12:41:24 PM »
bump! Any advice guys. My site is on total hold at the moment

Offline samsagaz

• New Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2014, 08:07:32 PM »
I have the same problem... I queued galleries to showed for all the month.

I tried with scanner and cron, but cant find the better option to not over create thumbs or stufff like that, i just want to create thumbs, create the new pages and activate the scheduled gals.

Can someone help?

Offline bbhrucy79

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2014, 02:29:19 AM »
Hi there,  I have managed to display my thumbs with desc, date and category.  Now I am wanting to make columns down either side displaying

a) Links - reciprocal links show as site name linking to their reciprocal links, ordered in most traffic sent to my site.
b) Models - individual model site but using affiliate links for individual model sites
c) Top paysites - affiliate sites to paysites (not reciprocal links, jut affiliate links)

I notice a lot of tgp sites doing this, but I can't see anywhere in the documentation on how to display this type of data.

I am also trying to find out how to paginate a category page.  For example if I display 50 thumbs per page, do I have to manually make page2.html, page 3.html et, then manually link to them?  Seems a long way round to do it.

I am also a bit confused about when I add new galleries, or schedule them.  when they are authorised, they dont automatically show up on my pages and category pages.  Do I have to manually build each page everytime I add a new gallery?  this also seems a long manual process to have to do, especially if I am adding them each day.  Maybe I am missing something, but what I want is galleries to show automatically on my pages and  not have to build them all each time.

Any advice guys?

Many thanks!

hi,

talking about your columns, simply make different divs for those and make style rules for them in your .css file , this is not a question about TGPX but more a general layout question I think. Using the template wizard, the code will be generated for you wether you want to display your galls as thumbnails or as links.

Regarding pagination, yes, you have to add the new tgp pages, - like you add 30 pages called p1.php , p2.php etc, then I recommend you make a navigation file, and you simply include it on all your pages. If your navigation is called pages.html:

{phpcode} include('pages.html'); {/phpcode}             - wherever you want the navigation to appear.

TGPX does not dynamically creates pages (like smartcj or streamrotator), so yes, you have to first set up those pages.

Your other question regarding new galls not showing up right away after approve, yep, you have to build-with-new the page , so they show up -- and the best idea is to use a cronjob for this, that rebuilds your pages say every 15 mins. You find info in the docs.

Hope I helped :-)

Unofficial JMB Support Forums

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2014, 02:29:19 AM »