Author Topic: fopen error in click.php (permission denied)  (Read 1335 times)

Offline fusionx

• View Profile
fopen error in click.php (permission denied)
« on: November 05, 2012, 10:43:28 PM »
Hello everyone,

First, I want to express my thanks to Chad for setting this up. Thanks VERY much!

I just moved a bunch of old sites to a new server. I haven't paid any attention to my TGPX or other sites for a long time. They've just been running along on autopilot for about three years.

After moving the sites, any "child sites" of the TGPX installation are now throwing the error:

Warning: fopen(/home/(user)/public_html/tgpx/data/clicklog) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/justteen/public_html/click.php on line 80

Of course, "(user)" is the proper username.

I remember this happening way back when I first set up TGPX. I set the domains in question to not enable open_basedir protection to no avail. I've tried changing the permissions on clicklog to every possible combination, also to no avail.

I should also mention that I modified click.php to $USE_IPLOG = FALSE; with no change in the error message.

I know I'm missing something, but can't remember anything else to try, and can't find any info on the web.

Again, thanks to Chad for providing this resource. I'm pretty upset about the whole JMB Software issue, but will try to get everything back up and running, then consider migrating to something else. Maybe with this forum we can keep going until either Jeremy comes back, or someone else buys him out and continues.

« Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 10:45:24 PM by fusionx »

Offline Chad

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: fopen error in click.php (permission denied)
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2012, 11:27:04 PM »
Glad that you found us here.  Thanks!  :D

I had typed a long reply about open_basedir until I finished reading your post and saw that you have tried that.  Only other thing that I can think of is that it's a permissions error.  The different usernames cannot open/write to another file that is owned by another user.

What kind of server are you on? Do you have Cpanel/WHM?  I believe that if you create all your child sites as addon domains instead of separate accounts then they all run under the same username.  Is that an option for you?

Thanks,
Chad

Offline fusionx

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2012, 01:04:18 AM »
I remember when I had the open_basedir errors before, the error message specifically contained "open_basedir restriction in effect".  This time, it's a simple "permission denied", which seems very odd.

I do have WHM/CPanel on the new server. I used the openbasedir tweak config to set and remove, etc, and noticed it's not even turned on by default. So that shouldn't be the cause.

I don't know about doing the add-on domain thing. Do you know if it's possible to move a domain under another as an add-on? hehe - sounds scary!

Offline Chad

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2012, 07:42:20 PM »
It has to be a permissions error because of having the domains under different users. I'm not 100% sure but I think disabling suphp will allow the scrips to write to other users files.

It may be best to talk to your server host and see what they say.  They may have a better solution.

Thanks,
Chad

Unofficial JMB Support Forums

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2012, 07:42:20 PM »

Tags: tgpx fopen click.php